The IRBPP is the only body in the world dedicated to supporting bird of prey professionals. Our mission is to improve the welfare of all birds of prey in the care of mankind through education, training and other activities that promote the professionalism of its members.
Membership indicates your intentions to do the best you can for the raptors in your care, and to provide the highest possible standards in your chosen field of activity.
Who should apply?
Anyone whose work brings them into contact with birds of prey at any level should apply. This might include:
- Professional Falconers
- Bird of prey keepers in zoos or other collections – including those with ocassional or part-time responsibility for feeding or care
- Inspectors from licensing authorities
- Wildlife crime offices
- Welfare organisations and their staff
- Rescue and rehabilitation bodies and their staff
- Vets interested in providing specialised raptor care
- Vet nurses and others offering care to raptors
- Anyone with a legal or professional obligation to demonstrate their competence and continuing professional development
Two Membership Options to choose from
Option 1: – Free Access to resources:
If you are reading this page, then you may have already taken the first step towards membership by signing up for ‘Free Access’ to many of our resources. We publish guidance notes, reading lists and activities, lists of recommended text books and more. All of which will help you to meet your legal or professional obligations. These are all approved CPD activities that you can undertake in your own home and at your own speed.
Option 2 – IRBPP Membership:
For a low monthly member fee you can access the full range of IRBPP Member resources and benefits immediately.
- Your business advertised in the Professional Falconers Register – exclusively for recognised professionals. As an IRBPP Member you are entitled to add your business details to this comprehensive listing of Bird of Prey organisations. #viewregisterhere
- Your own personalised CPD Recording tool – which automatically provides instantly accessible records of all certificated CPD activities you undertake with the IRBPP. Take the hassle out of your record-keeping and let your learning account take the strain for you. This record can be called up on screen or on your phone to show to Licencing Inspectors, prospective employers, or potential customers to prove your commitment and professionalism. (n.b. in the UK this will satisfy your legal requirements for training and cpd under both the Zoo Licence and Animal Activities Licencing regimes)
- Automatic certification of your achievements. All IRBPP approved activities are fully certificated on completion. Your certificate confirms the activity, date completed and the number of hours CPD it entitles you to record. The certificate may be printed out if you prefer a hard copy. It will also be automatically recorded within your personal learning account.
- All standard activities, guidance notes and other information published by the IRBPP are certificated on completion for IRBPP members at no cost.
- Discounted Courses: IRBPP Members also get access to the ‘professional level’ courses from Raptor Awards at a 50% discount. These specially designed online courses are matched to the National Standards for bird of prey welfare, and enable you demonstrate your existing levels of competence, as well as providing opportunities to develop new skills and knowledge in other professional areas. Each course has a special ‘professional extension lesson’ explaining how the course material helps you meet your obligations under various licencing regimes.
- Discounted events: Up to 75% off registration fees for one day training events or conferences.
- Free policy documents compliant with all licensing systems
- Free recording documents compliant with all licensing systems
- Free help and support – pre and post inspection – where required
* IRBPP Subscriber – offer details. Normal subscription £7.95 per month, Upgrade offer £1.00 for first 3 months, normal price thereafter. No contract, no obligation, cancel anytime.